Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday melodies

Posted by Picasa
This blog will be about parenting. You all know the saying "little children little problems, big children big problems" - well, whoever said that knew what he was talking about. I'll go back any day to having a 3 year old having a temper tantrum than trying to gather all my kids under one roof to make one of my sons a birthday party. Just so it's clear, my youngest son was born on Holocaust Day according to the Hebrew calendar, and since this isn't exactly the day people celebrate birthdays on, we always celebrate his birthday on or around the date from the Gregorian calendar, which is April 29th.

Each time I find a date, somebody bursts the balloon. I think my son will be 30 by the time we manage to make him his 25th birthday. I have 4 children - 3 living in Israel. How hard can it be to get everybody under one roof at the same time?
Add Image
Well, let me tell you, it's very hard. This one is working, this one is on night shift, etc. It's like a juggling act. Maybe I'll do 3 birthdays - one for each of the kids with the birthday boy and one with us with the birthday boy, maybe that will work? So I'm celebrating his birthday on my blog, and hope that my family will get the message!!! So happy birthday Noam! Love, Eema.

I forgot to mention that Noam plays the bass guitar and studies at the Rimon School of Music , and is very talented!!





4 comments:

  1. Well, well, well....
    Good luck
    Yigal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want a 3 year old with a temper tantrum? Careful, you may get it, the next time we visit!
    In fact, I'd be happy to leave you my 3 year old (and 5 year old, and 1 year old), and I'll go out with Noam to a nice restaurant to celebrate his birthday!
    I'll keep posted on the parenting advice, God knows I need it!
    Good luck blogging,
    yael

    ReplyDelete
  3. mum... i can give you a 37 year old temper tantrum, that should take you back to the good old days..lol
    and you forgot to mention about your black sheep that lives in the UK... im deeply hurt..hehe
    Happy Birthday Noam, even though i rang and said it on the day while he was under the influence of loads of alcohol..lol

    Mwah XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only got 2 children and it's hard to find a date when everybody is free to go out together.
    We still haven't celebrated my son's birthday which is in February.
    I see your kids are enjoying your blog. It's a great way to stay in touch, just be careful but you write. (-:

    ReplyDelete