Sunday, May 10, 2009

Kassams or supermarkets?

I just read an article in the Jerusalem Post online today on husbands who are sent by their wives to go shopping in the supermarket. I must say I couldn't stop laughing. In a way I wish my husband was like those brave souls who at least make an effort to cross the door to the supermarket.

My husband has a trauma with shopping in the super. We live on a small kibbutz which has a small store with basic items. When I need to go shopping in Sderot, the nearest city, my husband starts having panic attacks - and not because of the kassams! In fact I think he'd prefer kassams to supermarkets!!!

His idea of shopping is how fast he can get in and out, or to be more exact, how fast I can get in and out.
Heaven forbid if I stop to compare prices, or even if I want to browse the aisles to see what's on sale. If I'm lucky, I can persuade him to go buy me something I don't need from another store so I'll have a few minutes of peace and quiet to walk the aisles. Most of the time I'm not lucky, so I've learned that if I can't find a ride with a friend and go shopping the way women usually go shopping, I send him shopping by himself. I give him a list with not more than 3 items - items he can identify and he has no problem finding. For him, this is a great solution. For me, it's a pain in the neck, because I never get to see the new products or see what's cheaper in the super than on the kibbutz.

The only thing I can say is that at least I'm not alone in the world - it seems that somebody should do a study on husbands and shopping! It might prove very enjoyable!

4 comments:

  1. אליסה , את כותבת מצחיק ומקסים ! כל הכבוד. גברים ... יש איתם כמה וכמה בעיות ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. היי, אליסה. יופי לראות אותך כותבת בבלוג. מצחיק -כן. אבל אין מה לעשות. כאלה אנחנו - בעלים.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! LOL! (Lot Of Lough...)

    BTW, do you know Lisa Goldman's blog?! here it is: http://lisagoldman.net/.

    You may find it interesting

    Bye

    Yigal

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one mum... rip dad well and proper...
    his actually a really good shopper, when you send him for something you dont want. lol
    PS - gosh - your actually funny...lol

    ReplyDelete